International Women’s Day is a cause for celebration. How do you plan to observe the occasion? Do you have something in mind for the women in your life?
There are some fun ways to celebrate female friends and family members. Honoring their presence is easy. A simple thank you shows gratitude. Here are some other ideas that make a great impression:
- Give them flowers. If there is one thing women love, it’s floral arrangements! Find out what their favorite type of flower is and then have a bouquet delivered to their home or workplace. You’ll have the women in your life smiling for the rest of the day.
- Take them out to lunch or for coffee, whichever time permits. Spend time sharing stories with one another. The women you know are treasure troves of information and experience. Learn something new by being a good listener.
- Make a donation in their name. Give a timeless gift that helps others. This is a great way to honor a woman’s legacy. Find a charity that they supported and donate.
- Offer them a day off. Give women a break from their day-to-day obligations. Offer to clean their house, watch their children or run an errand for them. This simple gesture is most appreciated.
- Raise awareness about women’s issues. The women in your life likely have had their share of struggles. Share their stories with others with the intent of educating, informing or empowering others.
Validating the people who you love most is something that can be done every day of the year, not just on International Women’s Day. So, what do you say? How will you outwardly appreciate the women you know and care about this year?